Friday, April 16, 2010

Yearly Checkup-Oskar

Oskar underwent his yearly exam yesterday. As he is getting older, we are seeing rapid progression of peridontal disease. It seems no matter how hard we try or what measures we take; he will likely lose most, if not all his remaining teeth. This saddens us to no end, but it is more important to maintain his overall health.
In 6-8 weeks, he will undergo x-rays & we will make the decision then, pending the outcome of those.

His little eyes are getting cloudy, but his vision is still good (and his barker is as finely tuned as ever!). Heart murmur is still a low grade 3. Since he is less active, we will switch his kibble to a Senior line of food, to keep his weight in check.

No immunizations given or required-due to his age & low risk; we opt out of over-immunizing.

3 comments:

3 doxies said...

I'm sorry this just makes me sad. My brudder is getting older too so I cans totally sypathize with you. Buts, at least we know you takes very good care of your doggies. Heck, you woulds even hand feed them if you had to.
Puddles

Lorenza said...

I hope everything will be ok!
I know you do everything needed for him.
Take care
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Oskar said...

I'm so glad my name twin is doing good!