Wednesday, June 26, 2013

A Hard Lesson Learned (of the human kind)


Ok...just so we are clear..Schatzi is fine. Let's just get that out there.

Yesterday, Mama thought she dropped a pill & Schatzi was in the kitchen with her at the time, snackin' on some cheerios. Since Mama couldn't find the pill...she was very afraid Schatzi may have gobbled it up... thinkin' it was a cheerio..

Course...Mama freaked...cause the pill is very toxic for dogs... she called the Dawgtor asap. A quick trip to the vet, a needle in the bum (Schatzi's) a few throw ups later...and all is well. Mama felts horrible about what happened.

But better to be safe than sorry. Mama now takes her meds in a closed room, with the door safely shut..and no dogs allowed.
Hard lesson learned.

5 comments:

Molly The Wally said...

Thank paws all was OK but yes lesson learnt and we shall keep that in the back of our minds. Have a wonderful Wednesday.
Best wishes Molly

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

So THAT is why our mom waits until we go out to pee before she takes her pills in the morning.
Glad that all is OKAY... and just as a reminder... just ONE Aleve pill can KILL a dachshund.

Lovable Lily said...

Much better to be SAFE than SORRY! Poor thing ~ BIG shot in the butt ~ OUCH!!

Hugs,
Lily Belle & Muffin

AMY ANN said...

Thank goodness all is well. Of course the Dr. visit probably wasn't very fun. But, i agree better safe than sorry.

Two French Bulldogs said...

Sounds like a good plan
Benny & Lily