Sunday, January 25, 2015

When One Door Closes....


Another opens...

Losing our beloved fur members of our family is such a heartbreak & loss...they cannot be replaced..their impact on our lives stays with us forever..

Our animals are precious to us..when they hurt..we hurt..when they are cold & lonely..we warm & comfort them..when they are hungry...we provide nourishment...and when the time comes for them to go..we say our good-byes...we grieve...and thankfully...we move on, because life goes on. I take comfort in that...this is the way it is meant to be..

The saying, "Every time God closes a door...he opens a window"..is true...think of the choices you have made in your life...good or bad...to get you where you are...right now. Hard times, good times, bad times, difficult times, loss of loved ones, the joy in a birth...set you on a course...and our animals are part of that journey.

There is not a day that goes by, that I don't miss Xena & Schatzi...they have left their paw prints stamped on my heart forever...but we are blessed to have Oskar still with us...and this new little life...Liesel..a fur ball of energy...who reminds us that...life does indeed...go on.

When one door closes....



9 comments:

LBJ said...

That is so very beautiful and so true. I never thought I'd get past losing my Barkley dog, his passing within days of my only sibling with whom I was adopted, such a blow. But I have Abby the Rescue now, and she's not a replacement, just a gentle furry, balm to my soul. Thank you for summing it up so well.
Abby's Mom Lin

easyweimaraner said...

I agree, there is a window for us when a door is closed. But sometime we have to look twice till we can see it. I'm glad I found the window what guided me to Easy after the door was closed...
Easy Rider

Teddy said...

What a beautiful tribute, not only to your fur kids who have crossed the Rainbow Bridge, but to Oskar and Liesl who have their own space in your heart.
Licks,
Marley & Lady

Lovable Lily said...

Bravo, beautifully said!

Hugs,
Lily Belle & Muffin

Murphy said...

Yes, if we are lucky another one comes along to help heal the wound left behind by the one before him or her. The wounds never go away but the pain does lessen.

Your Pals,

Murphy & Stanley

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Your words are so beautiful. We understand the pain of having to say goodbye to those furrys who have been with us in our journeys.

And we also understand when we allow new furrys into our life,,, and we treasure those too.
We are happy you have a furry to make you happy.
love
tweedles

Marty the Manx said...

Love your tribute to your furbabies past and present. Thank goodness that when a door closes a window opens. Losing Oskar brought Abbe, Anne and Marty into my life.
Marty's Mom

Taffy said...

This was so beautifully written at a time when it means a lot to me. I have been missing Twix more than usual lately and was in tears quite a lot yesterday. Thank you for sharing this and reminding me that even though I will forever miss Twix, God has given Taffy to me.

Ruby said...

Oh, that is just a beautiful letter to your furkids!!! So very true and lovely!!
Kisses,
Ruby ♥