Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Xena-Annual Check-Up



Xena underwent her annual check-up last week - here she is strapped in & ready to go! Sad to report she may lose her remaining teeth. Try as we have over the past three years (since she joined our family) we just can't reverse the progressing peridontal disease.

In November, she will undergo anethesia & x-rays to determine the extent of the progression & we will make the final decision then. For the sake of her continued health & well being, if she must lose her remaining teeth, I guess it's not the end of the world. (although I take it as a personal failure).

She weighs 11.6 lbs and otherwise is in great health. I veteoed further immunizations - her records indicate she has been regularly immnized all her life. I suspect she has built up quite an immunity during the past ten years, our vet agreed.

2 comments:

Ruby and Penny said...

That is very sad news. My vet told me on Ruby's 1st visit that Doxie's were susceptible to tooth loss. Let's hope that they are wrong.

Love Ruby

Love your trip pictures. Looks like you had a great time at your grandparents. I like Wiggles

Pat said...

Thank you Ruby, I like you too.