Sunday, August 17, 2008

Thank Dawg For Cats!!

So, you are likely wondering why I'm thanking dawg for cats! It seems while I was away over the weekend, Schatzi took the opportunity to sneak out - on her own - and do some exploring!

Now, we live on one of the busiest streets in the city, it's nothing short of a miracle that she didn't go on the road! But, like the true hound she is - she went in search of Lucy - the cat next door!

Hubby had been outside working & herded the dogs in the house, when he was quick to discover that a certain, very inquisitive black & tan longbody was not in the mix! He quickly harnessed Oskar & off they went in search! Was she under the deck - hunting the elusive Pearl the Squirrel? No. No sight of her there! So, they headed up the back field -until Oskar alerted hubby to a commotion at the front of the neighbour's house!

It was there, they discovered Schatzi had cornered Lucy (the resident feline) under her front step! So, to Lucy's credit - she kept Schatzi rivoted to her spot (all the while, yapping her empty black and tan head off)! Is is for that reason, I thank dawg today for cats (at least one in particular).

And I've credited Schatzi for a few more gray hairs on her Dad's head!

I mentioned that I was away - it was the Annual Flea Market in Sussex, NB - a yearly pilgramage for my sister and me! If you haven't had the pleasure of taking in the market (and it's your thing) - I highly recommend you do so! With over 900 vendors in attenance - there is something for everyone! And you can't see it all in one day! Which brings me to my steal of a deal! I saw an identical ornament on one vendor's table for $25!




I paid a whopping $1. and I'm not even sure what it is (other than a dachshund). I'm thinking maybe a small planter? The seller had a $2. price tag on it, but offered it to me for 1/2 price! It is after all, a flea market - prices are always negotiable!

No comments: